how to apply
- Make sure you have read through this website and understand our requirements regarding parent participation.
- Complete the online application form and pay the $60 non-refundable application fee.
- After receiving your application, we will contact you to answer any questions you have about the school and let you know if there is space in your desired class or if your child will be added to our waiting list.
- If there is space in your desired class, you’ll need to fill out the required registration and medical/immunization forms and pay your first quarter’s tuition. That’s it!
age eligibility for 2018-19
|Class||Age by September 1, 2018||Born On or Between|
|Pre-Kindergarten||4 yrs – 5 yrs, 3 mos||6/1/2013 – 9/1/2014|
|Preschool||3 yrs – 4 yrs, 3 mos||6/1/2014 – 9/1/2015|
|Young Preschool||2 yrs, 3 mos – 3 yrs, 3 mos||6/1/2015 – 6/1/2016|
|Parent & Child||1 yr, 9 mos – 2 yrs, 6 mos||3/1/2016 – 12/1/2016|
The Parent & Child class is the only class in which age eligibility is rolling. If a spot is available mid-year and the child is 1 year, 9 months at the time of consideration, they are eligible. All other classes use the September 1 cut-off.
Spaces in each class are filled using the following priority rules:
- Current, age-eligible members who are repeating the class
- Current, age-eligible members in the preceding class (e.g., Young Preschool moves to Preschool)
- Current, age-eligible members who are skipping a class (e.g., Young Preschool to Pre-Kindergarten) and current, age-eligible members’ siblings, ordered by birth date.
- Siblings of alumni, ordered by birth date
- Applicants on the waiting list, ordered by application date
Before registering, you will need to provide a current medical report and immunization form signed by your child’s doctor. No child may attend the school without these forms.
All parents who are working in the classroom need to obtain proof of immunization to pertussis, measles, and flu on a yearly basis. Working parents must also have a current TB test. This test is good for four years and may be obtained through your family doctor. (Only QuantiFERON, chest x-ray, or intra-dermal TB tests are acceptable; TB tine tests are insufficient.) No parent may work at the school without a negative TB test and proof of immunizations.
Read more about our health requirements for students and working parents.
A portion of our budget has been set aside for scholarships and are available to families who need them. If your family needs a scholarship, please contact our membership team after submitting your application. (You will still need to pay the $60 non-refundable application fee.)
If you have any questions or concerns, or just want to talk to someone about our school before you apply, please email us or call the membership line at (650) 434-COOP.