health forms and policies
To attend our school, every child needs:
- A Physician’s Report completed and signed by your pediatrician
- Copy of current vaccination record
- Allergy Action Plan completed by physician (only required if child has a food or insect bite allergy)
Your child may qualify for a medical exemption by submitting a written statement from a licensed physician stating that the immunization is not safe because of your child’s physical condition or medical circumstances. However, as of 2016, exemptions for religious or other personal beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into school or childcare in California. A personal exemption belief filed before January 1st, 2016, will remain valid.
For more information, please visit www.shotsforschool.org.
for working parents
As of 2015, California State law requires proof of certain vaccinations for all parents who plan to work or volunteer in the classroom, even one day during the year. You do not need to have original documentation of these vaccinations. A blood test titer showing immunization is sufficient.
For Parents, the State requires proof of:
- TB Test taken within the past 4 years
- Pertussis Vaccination (frequently part of a TDAP)
- Measles Vaccination (frequently part of an MMR)
- MA Co-Op Flu Shot Waiver (getting the flu shot is optional, but a signed waiver is required)
If the non-working parent in your family will work even once during the year, that parent must submit vaccination records as well.
You may qualify for an exemption by submitting a written statement from a licensed physician stating that the immunization is not safe for you because of your physical condition or medical circumstances.
- Child’s Physician Report
- Allergy Action Plan
- TB Form for Parents
- MA Co-Op Flu Shot Waiver (California does not require parents to receive a flu shot, but it does require a written declaration of flu shot status. Please sign and return the attached waiver, and this will satisfy your flu shot requirement for the year.
Vaccination records and titers can be submitted on your provider’s forms.
Please contact the Health and Safety Chairs with any questions.