health forms and policies
our 2023-2024 health & safety policy is available here
To attend our school, every child needs:
- A Physician’s Report completed and signed by your pediatrician
- Copy of current vaccination record
for working parents
As of 2015, California State law requires proof of certain vaccinations for all parents who plan to work or volunteer in the classroom, even one day during the year. You do not need to have original documentation of these vaccinations. A blood test titer showing immunization is sufficient.
For Parents, the State requires proof of:
- TB Test taken within the past 4 years
- Pertussis Vaccination (frequently part of a TDAP)
- Measles Vaccination (frequently part of an MMR)
- MA Co-Op Flu Shot Waiver (getting the flu shot is optional, but a signed waiver is required)
If the non-working parent in your family will work even once during the year, that parent must submit vaccination records as well.The Co-op strongly encourages families to vaccinate against COVID-19.
- Child’s Physician Report
- Allergy Action Plan
- TB Form for Parents
- MA Co-Op Flu Shot Waiver (California does not require parents to receive a flu shot, but it does require a written declaration of flu shot status. Please sign and return the attached waiver, and this will satisfy your flu shot requirement for the year.
Vaccination records and titers can be submitted on your provider’s forms.
The school complies with all federal and state laws regarding immunizations. In addition, due to our particular circumstances as a cooperative nursery school, and in the interest of the health and safety of our community, all children enrolled in the co-op and all parents working in the classroom are required to receive the immunizations required by California law. All requests for medical exemptions must be filed by the family’s physician(s) through the California Immunization Registry (CAIR), and are subject to regulations outlined in CA SB 276.
Please contact the Health and Safety Chairs with any questions.